Monday, March 2, 2009

Parsing xkcd



Here's the text from today's xkcd:
DENSITY

SUP DAWG, I HERD U DIDN'T
LIEK FORMING BABBY, BUT I
ACCIDENTALLY IN YOUR BASE.

CONS: RUINED LIFE
PROS: SENTENCE SET THE NEW
MEME DENSITY RECORD.

If only I had asked 4chan for ideas for what I should do to prevent this!
Ready to take a trip?

First, innoculate yourself with a heavy dose of dull and boring as only Wikipedia can deliver: MEME

OK, now it's safe to travel: SUP DAWG, I HERD

This is LIEK

Let's jump ahead: FORMING BABBY

Now this: I ACCIDENTALLY

And this: IN YOUR BASE

Tired of travelling? Want some home cooking? Want to hear English spoken? Here you go: With 'LOLcats' Internet Fad, Anyone Can Get In on the Joke.

Finally, from the xkcd mouseover text: 4chan

3 comments:

  1. The icanhas stuff has been around quite awhile. If you've ever been to Woot you would see these all the time in the comments section. I assume they still do that. I wouldn't know since I'm boycotting Woot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who speak leet, Mike said:

    ThE 1c@nh45 S+UFpH h45 BeEn @R0uNd KWi+3 4wHiLe. iF YOu'VE EvER 83eN +0 WOo+ J00 W0ULD 533 THe$3 ALL +Eh +Im3 1N TH3 comMENt$ 53c+1oN. I 4$$UME +heY s+ILL DO +h4T. 1 wOULDN'+ kNOW SInC3 i'm b0YC0++iN9 w00t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. British dialect:

    +h3 1c4nh4S $+UPhPH H4$ 8eEn 4rOuND kWite AWh1LE. 1Ph yOU'VE 3VeR 83En tO W00+ j00 wouLD 5E3 +He53 4LL +Eh tIM3 1N tHE CoMMEN+5 5ec+1ON. I A5$Um3 +HeY 5+ilL d0 Th4t. 1 wOUldN'+ kn0W 51NC3 i'M boYC0tT1Ng WoOT.

    ReplyDelete