Monday, February 23, 2009

eBay Hacked?

Here's a window I absolutely do not want to see, especially when clicking on the Continue button in eBay to pay for something:



Turns out some site I've never heard of, auctiva.com, has been compromised:



I don't know why eBay tried to send me to auctiva, nor do I care.

I also don't want to hear "it's not eBay's problem, it's an auctiva problem"... as far as I'm concerned I was using eBay, and if eBay is going to send me to a compromised website then it is...

eBay's Problem!


Ya gotta love the official response:
From Auctiva Community:

Hi Community,

Update - If you are using the Firefox browser and are unable to use your account because you are receiving a warning stating the Auctiva is an "attack site", you should be able to workaround it by selecting "Options" from the "Tools" menu and disabling the "tell me if the site I’m visiting is a suspected attack site" setting under the "Security" tab.

We have removed what was causing that warning to be displayed from our systems but that warning is still showing up because we need to be rescanned by Google, which we are going to do as soon as we finish up the work we're doing.
Here's a reply; I couldn't have said it better than this:
WOW, disable your ONLY protection? That is the advice? I just checked and it says GOOGLE found malware on the server just 5 hours ago!

While Rome is BURNING, The Auctiva “Emperor” Claims it is ALL GOOD?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment